The Boat House

This project involved the construction of an 8 storey structure over a 2 storey basement with a concrete central core and steel frame. The fit out involved the completion of open plan offices on each floor with the ground floor containing a reception and meeting rooms. A church dating back to c. 1750 located on the site was also refurbished as part of this project.

Client:Private Client
Floor Area:2,400 sqm.
Architects:O’Mahony Pike
Quantity Surveyor:Diarmuid O’Neill & Associates
Structural Engineer:Sean O’Reilly
Service Engineer:Homan O’Brien Associates

The Office Block

Initially a 2 storey concrete basement was formed which incorporated a car lift. The concrete core was then formed and the steel frame erected. Each floor comprised of a metal deck with concrete screed.  The external cladding comprises of stone panels and curtain walling.

The Refurbishment of the 18th Century Church

The development also contains a Moravian Church and its surrounding buildings dating from c. 1750. The Church building is a protected structure and therefore as much as possible of the original character of the building had to be retained.  Refurbishment work to the Church included re- slating the roof, retaining the ceilings and the installation of a mezzanine floor in the main hall which is stepped back from the surrounding walls to allow a full view of the old arched church windows. A hard landscaped courtyard links the old church building to the new office block.